就算你喺「順得人」,都唔會每一件事都可以 say yes,學識講「不了」,都好重要!遇事都要硬食,辛苦嘅就喺自己,唔想善良被濫用?咁就要學識禮貌地拒絕啦!聽落好似好難做到,但以下簡而精嘅英文表達方法,超易上手,唔洗死記硬背,先用 standardize 嘅 phrases 去 say no,再按需要加翻個原因,咁就可以順利拒絕,又唔會令其他人覺得討厭啦!
I’m sorry, but … 很不好意思,但⋯⋯
Q: Would you like to have a dinner with me?
問:你有空與我一起用餐嗎?
A: I’m sorry, but I have got a date tonight.
答:很不好意思,但我今晚有約了。
I would love to, but … 我也很想,但⋯⋯
Q: Would you like to get a drink tonight?
問:今晚要不要去喝酒?
A: I would love to, but I need to work overtime.
答:我也很想,但我要加班。
That sounds good, but … 聽起來很不錯,但⋯⋯
Q: Would you like to join our camping next week?
問:你有興趣下星期一起去露營嗎?
A: That’s sounds good, I am busy with my assignments.
答:聽起來很不錯,但最近課業繁重,抽不了空。
I wish I could, but … 我也希望我可以,但⋯⋯
Q: Would you like to enroll this course together?
問:你要不要一起選修這個課目?
A: I wish I could, but my schedule is already too full.
答:我也希望我可以,但我的時間表已經很滿了。
No, thank you. 不用了,謝謝
Q: Do you want a cup of tea?
問:你需要一杯茶嗎?
A: No, thank you. I already had one.
答:不用了,謝謝。我已經喝了一杯。
以後要婉拒其他人就記得要用以上方法,唔好太直接 say no,如果唔喺會顯得唔夠禮貌啊!