原來有唔少idioms都帶啲詭異嘅味道,所以唔洗化妝,用idioms可能都可以嚇到人毛骨悚然! ‘over my dead body’ 喺點解? ‘to jump out of one’s skin’ 唔通真喺咁恐怖? ‘to smell a rat’ 又喺唔喺叫人聞老鼠,咁核突?驚驚豬?快啲學翻幾個idioms傍身啦!

1)Over my dead body : you will do everything you can to prevent it 寧死不屈

He said over my dead body when I tried to ask him to quit.
我嘗試過叫他放棄,但他說寧死不屈。

2)To dance with the devil : to behave in a risky manner 危險之舉

Working with him is like dancing with the devil, but I don’t have a choice.
與他共事真的是危險之舉,但我沒有選擇的餘地。

3)To jump out of one’s skin : to be extremely surprised by something 大吃一驚

The noise of the thunderstorm made me jump out of my skin.
行雷的聲音令我大吃一驚。

4)To make someone’s blood boil 使某人怒火中燒

She didn’t take her responsibility properly, making my blood boil.
她沒有好好履行自己的責任,這是令我怒火中燒的原因。

5)To smell a rat : something dishonest is happening 發覺有可疑之處

Don’t trust everything she said – I smell a rat!
不要盡信她說的話,我覺得事有蹊蹺。

喺咪覺得好有趣呢!學識咗以上嘅idioms就唔覺得詭異啦!